My Speckled Sussex

Just gorgeous!! The thing about these is that pictures just don't do them justice. You HAVE to see them in person,outside in the sunshine. The way the fathers shimmer & change colors in the sun is just beautiful! I just have 1 hen left,I had a roo & 2 more hens but dogs got them. I was debating ordering some more,but those pics just pushed me over the edge!!!
wee.gif
Wish I was near VA to order from the beeder you used!

getting a SS in a few weeks(I think) my BO has ordered some and I am buying a pullet off her! So excited!
She will be our only "brown" chicken
big_smile.png

Name will be Sophia

I love my Speckled Sussex chickens. They have a wonderful temperment and lay a nice medium egg just about every day.
You can see pictures of my main rooster on the website and one of the hens. I would recommend them hands down to anyone.
Sharon

ggrrr... My Ideal order came yesterday. All the sussex and spanish that I had placed the order to get arrived dead. All the sexlink and Ideals that I ordered to fill the order were fine.
tongue.gif

That is such a pretty bird - the colors are so incredibly mesmerizing...hypnotizing...entrancing...I want Speckled Sussex...must have Speckled Sussex....

Very beautiful birds. Congrats to the breeder and to you. Speckled sussex are some of the loveliest looking chickens, in my mind. I heard in the UK they have a bantam version - but I've never heard of one on our side of the pond. Anyone know if they have them here in bantam size?

Back
Top Bottom