My "Splash Pyle Yokohamas"... My new creation... What do you think?

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
21 days is the longest that a hen has been fertile in tests done by my poultry class
smile.png
but googling it may show up something else. We saw in 5 hens a decrease from 98% fertility down to 0% by day 21. I usually wait 14-20 days in isolation but if you have expensive eggs to sell, you'd better error on the side of caution and wait 21+. People tend to get upset when they get trash not treasures from spendy egg purchases.

As to repeating the process, only you can decide what traits to focus on. If a certain comb type is unacceptable but the body type is perfect, you're the only one who can decide to keep or not. Patterns obviously what you're focusing on, but if you lose you're type, you lose the breed standard. It will take at least a few generations to start being uber good at selecting too. You may need/want to breed something else in or increase the % of one breed/variety to 75% so you breed a cross to a full and see what that brings for your breeding.

The last question is also your decision. You can sell something as a mutt or as what the cross is. Or if you don't want your genetics floating around out there out of your control, you can process and eat them sell them for hackles, sell them for bird dog training -- it's up to you, but there are options.

Good luck on your breeding journey, you'll learn so much, even if you don't get to where you want to with this kind of breeding.

4 years old. Okay but has anyone gotten anything close to Red Plye Splash from any of these breeding. This is a very interesting thread, give me more.

Back
Top Bottom