My Spreadsheet Tracker [EggCalc]

jalexartis

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
The wait seemed long, but it wasn't. Just 22-weeks before my first chick laid her first egg--a beautiful small green one, at 48.3 grams. Now in less than a month, and with all 8 laying [my last started 11/16] I have collected near 90 eggs. I hope to have an 8-egg day soon. They are all laying in the coop, although the Easter Eggers persist in laying in one of the poop trays. I make a special effort to clean it before the egg comes.

With the use of my Chicken WebCams and a spreadsheet, I am tracking the experience . I publish it to my blog , therefore visible to anyone desiring to look. If you are interested, please let me know. I'm happy to share. Spreadsheet experience will be useful in adapting it to your flock. An important feature is your ability to know which pullet/hen laid the egg. This works best with a small flock and for those who are home to see the who, what, when & where. If it is not for you, then please view my experience.

With the Excel Web App, I had to turn off a few features so that the book can be published to the Internet. One is data verification. I had drop-downs, with the data choices for a cell entry. Auto-complete works as well and is faster. The workbook is fairly comprehensive. I have the following sheets: collections, composted, cooked, expenses, given, pictures, sold, ad vales. Viewing them will likely explain their function. If you want other features, please let me know and I'll see if I can incorporate.

Links are in my sig. I have 3 related articles [currently the top 3--last published] in my blog.

Links are in my sig.

Thanks!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom