My Story, Our experience, join me on my adventure!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by XxMingirlxX, Jan 18, 2015.

1. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed, I'll update once something happens :)

2. Purpletie3

Purpletie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    ...Sorry about your losses. Thanks for sharing your journey. I wanted to start blogging about mine as well. It has been an interesting journey! I learned the hard way too...Unfortunately, what ever it was that broke in the run took out my flock. It was a while before I wanted to see a chicken again..Now, I am building my flock in the winter so they will be closer to laying when it's time to go outside. Luckily I could renovate some unused space and garage space for them.

3. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Thanks, no real updates currently apart from my araucana comb is slowly getting redder.

I always wanted to blog about my flock but just never got round to it, that and when it was nearer the time of my losses I didn't really want to talk about it; losing pets sucks!
    Oh and I'm planning on getting chicks in the spring. :)

4. Purpletie3

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    Spring chickens! Nice. What kind will you choose this time?

5. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    I will get three but I'm unsure quite yet on the breeds, it will probably be:
    A welsummer, a cream legbar and a silver Sussex or speckeldy or another Polish :) I'm going for beauty with egg colour variety.

6. Purpletie3

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    Nice! Lots of variety. It's hard to choose~

7. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Okay this isn't an update as not much has happened but I made this post on another thread and I just thought it would give you some idea of my late hen hermione rip x :

This made me laugh so much! No, I had a hen called hermione because around her neck (she was a glossy black hen) she had orange and gold. In the sun her black feathers would sparkle blue and green, I always thought it looked like Magic dancing around her (and the black was her Cape) she was gorgeous rip x
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes she is on our window sill - she flew up
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  8. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    A few pics of the younger ones as I couldn't get many last time, you can see how pale their combs are, they should be 35+ weeks now......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Purpletie3

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    Love the colors on the Spitzhauben!

10. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    She is a very pretty bird, however while she is relatively new to me, she is over 35 weeks and yet to lay, she is still quite nervous around me however I think she will mellow when she lays/with age.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by