My sweet boy silky blue rooster needs help.

Debshappyflock71

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
I've been noticing for about a month now that he's been spending more time to himself than usual. He's still eating and drinking normal and does mate with the ladies when they're near but other wise I find him hiding in the corner the rest of the time. He's eating flock raiser . They get greens and scratch and meal worms for treats. Acv in water weekly. And a couple weeks ago I treated the entire flock for lice n mites with permethrin. And I noticed He's got this white looking glare in his rite eye ball and his ear lobes are not blue looks like they turned white. I know the turkeys used to pick on him so I don't know if I accidentally got permethrin in his eye or He's still being picked on or if he has an illness that needs to be treated He's 10 months old any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20221218_151938.jpg
    20221218_151938.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221218_151934.jpg
    20221218_151934.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221218_151839.jpg
    20221218_151839.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221218_151852.jpg
    20221218_151852.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 2
I've been noticing for about a month now that he's been spending more time to himself than usual. He's still eating and drinking normal and does mate with the ladies when they're near but other wise I find him hiding in the corner the rest of the time. He's eating flock raiser . They get greens and scratch and meal worms for treats. Acv in water weekly. And a couple weeks ago I treated the entire flock for lice n mites with permethrin. And I noticed He's got this white looking glare in his rite eye ball and his ear lobes are not blue looks like they turned white. I know the turkeys used to pick on him so I don't know if I accidentally got permethrin in his eye or He's still being picked on or if he has an illness that needs to be treated He's 10 months old any advice would be greatly appreciated
Can you get a picture of his eye with white?

The eye may be infected. As a precaution, flush it daily with saline eye wash and put a dab of terramycin eye antibiotic in it twice a day.

Earlobes on some breeds turn white as hormones become active.

The earlobe looks a little scabby and crusty to me? If so it might have a fungal infection, favus. I'd clean it off with soap and water and then apply an antifungal cream twice a day, or clean with iodine once a day (being very careful to avoid his eye) and see if it improves.

The earlobe looks a little scabby and crusty to me? If so it might have a fungal infection, favus. I'd clean it off with soap and water and then apply an antifungal cream twice a day, or clean with iodine once a day (being very careful to avoid his eye) and see if it improves.
Thank you for the info I will give it a try

Back
Top Bottom