My sweet little foot....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovesduckies, Dec 31, 2011.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    So I h e a handiquacked mallard named Little Foot who I think I'd also partly blind. She has her sister named Fruitloops and her peon friends Petunia and Aflac with her. Someone has been laying eggs in a corner so I decided to let them keep them so they have something to do. Well on Christmas I got a call from my dad saying that Little Foot was laying on the nest! I thought how cute!!! I hope she can hatch out some babies... Who's ever they are lol. Well today I got in there to clean pools... And I see Little Foots nest. She had like 3 feathers in her like 10 egg nest and I noticed on was broken lol. I realized sadly they none will hatch probably but it's cute that she is trying. Bless her little heart!! It's keeping her busy so I will let her be. Lol. Yes I removed the broken egg.

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG] to Littlefoot. One of the pekins is a drake isnt it??

3. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Ya aflac is a drake. I knowwwwww we shall see. If I was allowed to have my incubator up and running I would steal some eggs!

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Well they could be fertile then- give her some more time - sometimes they only sit for half a day for the first few days before sitting full time. Maybe you should think about setting up the incubator anyway- just in case she sits but then leaves the nest. I had one of my girls do that recently- she was good for two weeks- then I found her eggs cold one morning.

5. lovesduckies

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    I'm going to let her do her thing. It keeps her bust and entertained since her sister ditched her. My poor baby. If I could have the incubator set up at home I would heat that sucker up but hubby said no and I can't be at my parents all the time. So Bo incubator yet. I should have ever even got it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by