My Tag Said Cinnamon Queen Also

I won’t even hazard a guess. As long as I’ve been doing this, chick identification still stumps me. Guess I can’t see characteristics because the cute factor gets in my way. But I just wanted to clear up one thing. Easter Eggers don’t always have puffy cheeks. I’ve had muffed, muffed and heavily bearded, and smooth faced EEs.

If that’s a pea comb, then what is a rose comb? Or is it the same thing?
No, rose combs and pea combs are similar, but they're also different. I totally understand why you thought that, though! :) In my opinion, I think the rose combs stick up a little bit more on the head than the pea combs do. And they might be ever so slightly longer.

Here's some pictures to verify the difference (however, on each chicken it can probably vary):
Pea comb
Rose comb
(The pictures aren't mine; I found them on Google, which 'took' them from this site). =)
I see online that welsummers and a couple others can have the chipmunk pattern so im so lost as far as that goes. I will be so happy if they are easter eggers as ive always wanted them! Wouldnt they have poofy cheeks though?
Oh, yeah, other chicken breeds have that pattern; I was just saying, it's common for EE chicks to have that color, too. And, as @Blooie said, not all EEs have muffs, but yes, a majority of them do. :)

Hope that helps you both!

No, rose combs and pea combs are similar, but they're also different. I totally understand why you thought that, though! :) In my opinion, I think the rose combs stick up a little bit more on the head than the pea combs do. And they might be ever so slightly longer.

Here's some pictures to verify the difference (however, on each chicken it can probably vary):
Pea comb
Rose comb
(The pictures aren't mine; I found them on Google, which 'took' them from this site). =)

Oh, yeah, other chicken breeds have that pattern; I was just saying, it's common for EE chicks to have that color, too. And, as @Blooie said, not all EEs have muffs, but yes, a majority of them do. :)

Hope that helps you both!
Thank you! This was very helpful:D

Back
Top Bottom