My Temperature dropped down to 90 after adding eggs!

chickierookie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 21, 2013
Is this ok? I read somewhere that the temperature will drop immediately. Which it did. Should I adjust the thermostat? or will that cook the eggs. And my humidity is super high even when theres no water in there... how do i lower it?? The temperature is going up though. and my humidity right now is 59%, is that ok for now??

mlmills79

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 25, 2012
Morrison, OK
Sounds about right for now. My temp always drops when I add eggs, I just leave the thermostat alone. It eventually warms the eggs to the temperature that the incubator was before they were added.

chickierookie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 21, 2013
ok thanks!! the humidity was starting to form condensation so i took the water out, but it looks like my incubator's humidity is going up even without the water. And its only been 90 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. but now, its going up. I think its because the eggs were a lot colder than the temperature inside the incubator. Its up at 97 right now and the humidity is 65%. Thanks for the great advice. Its nice to know about that 80 degree thingy.

chickierookie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you! I was sooo worried. This is my second try. I was worried for a second that i've already killed the eggs. Thanks for the info. The temperature is going up after about an hour.

Top Bottom