My Three Bantams

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bantychicken, Jan 5, 2014.

1. bantychicken

bantychicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    I have three bantams. I have a very spoiled and very silly Barrad Plymouth Rock rooster mix named Penguin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A solid black hen (I'm not sure of her breed) named Hope:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And another Barrad Plymouth Rock hen mixed named Dusty:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Penguin is my baby. I hatched him from an egg and he was spoiled the moment he was dry enough to come out of the incubator.

[​IMG]

He is the friendliest Banty rooster I have ever met. He loves pizza and tomato seeds along with saltines and mealworms and his favorite food is shredded mozzarella cheese. He is my silly clown and I love him to pieces, even if his crowing wakes me up before dawn!

Hope I got from a man living near me who was selling his bantys. She is very friendly but a very jealous hen. She recently gave Dusty a nasty wound on her head, but Dusty is doing fine. Hope doesn't like to share Penguin with Dusty but other wise is a pretty great hen. She just started laying eggs maybe a month ago along with Dusty.

Dusty is my baby girl. When I first laid eyes on her I knew she was the hen I wanted. Me and Dusty have a bond almost like a mother and her child. Whenever Hope goes towards Dusty, she always runs to me and sits down I between my legs. She is a great hen and is a beautiful and comical one as well.

I can't wait until spring when my hens have chicks of their own. Chicks that will make me melt on the spot over the cuteness. Barrad Plymouth Rock Bantams will always have a special spot in my heart. They were my very first chickens breed and they have certainly left a mark on me. My very first hen I hatched from an egg was named Nugget. I loved that hen. But only days after she began to start to lay eggs a hawk got her. I was heart broken and cried for days telling my dad to keep looking for her even though I knew she was gone. I still miss her and she has made a lasting impression on me. A great hen and a great friend.

[​IMG]

2. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

They are very lovely.
    Good to see they are being spoiled[​IMG].

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So beautiful. [​IMG] Chickens do leave a lasting impression, that's for sure. Sorry about the loss of your sweet little girl. [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

4. bantychicken

bantychicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Salisbury, Maryland
    Spoiled is for sure!! Drove forty five minutes to get the three their favorite live mealworms and wax worms!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by