My three rescue girls and advice needed

Thank you all so much. She seems a lot perkier at present and so let's hope I've caught her in time. It mentions in the article about using thrush cream but my natural reaction is to not feed a chicken thrush cream. I have read it right haven't I?
It's important to use your best judgment when following a guide to alleviate health problems.

Your the only person that has first hand knowledge of history and observation of your patient. So if you think the thrush cream isn't necessary, don't do it. Just keep monitoring your patient.
And:
20211007_104542.jpg

What a lovely message. Thank you. :love

It's funny what you should say about the rescues being so grateful and behaving differently. I suspect my first and second (Tuelow and Chapel) have no idea they have been rescued but my little girl Lucky runs to me almost shaking with delight when she sees me and squats down so desperate to be picked up and stroked.

She doesn't have the same sound as the others as she had become hoarse from crying when she was being eaten alive and sounds like a whistle when she chits chats to me. She is the one with the sour crop and she's had that since I got her.

The first few days she just cried and cried. She was such a mess and I didn't think she would make it but she has so I want to try very hard to make sure she has a good life. She's not laid an egg yet but I don't care if she never does as long as she is happy.

I will have to see if I can get some photos up.

I must admit for a household that has two young men with depression they have brought much joy and happiness. They are always doing something cute and funny. I never thought they would be such a source of amusement and there is always someone watching them from the back hall window. I must say they eat like queens and they adore peas and cauliflower and yes, I actually buy them what they like just for them.

How lovely to meet you with your understanding of my love for my babies.
Thank you again for such a lovely message :love
Oh I understand I buy mine cabbage and coleslaw mix sometimes. I can see how they would be theraputic, that's great what a bonus from some girls you saved! Lucky what a perfect name :clap and she may lay yet once the stress is gone for awhile but it will be winter here in a month. So no biggie if she doesn't she's got a great house to live out her years. God Bless You.

It's important to use your best judgment when following a guide to alleviate health problems.

Your the only person that has first hand knowledge of history and observation of your patient. So if you think the thrush cream isn't necessary, don't do it. Just keep monitoring your patient.
And:
View attachment 2862037
Thank you. Yes, I'm going to sick her up for a few days and see how she is. I just hope that resolves the issues for her. I think the cream should be the last resort. :)

Oh I understand I buy mine cabbage and coleslaw mix sometimes. I can see how they would be theraputic, that's great what a bonus from some girls you saved! Lucky what a perfect name :clap and she may lay yet once the stress is gone for awhile but it will be winter here in a month. So no biggie if she doesn't she's got a great house to live out her years. God Bless You.
Yes, it's coming into winter here in the UK too. I've only just got her sleeping with the other chickens as they didn't like her much. Hardly surprising when you introduce a chicken that is scabby and henpecked. Mind you, they are starting to really get on so her stress levels should be far better over the next coming weeks. :) Mine don't seem to like anything raw. They only like it cooked. Is that my chickens being fussy?

Uh yep! but mine took awhile to like things raw too . They still won't eat carrots either way. Do they like grass. ? Mine like romaine lettuce.
We cut the grass and dump it in and they run and jump in the pile like a puppy would and then try and eat as much as they can haha. They love cooked stuff and very much meat. I wasn't sure whether to give them lettuce as I know some birds can't have it as it gives them the runs. If I can give them some lettuce I will try them. They like carrots, cooked and chopped up. I often give them balls of mashed potatoes with girly wigs (mealworms) and garlic. They go crazy for that and actually close their eyes in pleasure. Mind you Tuelow makes these funny little noises of pleasure whenever you give her girly wigs. I've never heard a chicken make a noise like it. The other two don't. Just her :love How many have you got? Have they got names?

Back
Top Bottom