My trick to get lots of tomatoes!

I put out 10 mouse traps baited with PB and chocolate chips. Have been finding holes in the garden, most likely voles. A lot of holes in the wood chips where I've put the mushroom spawn. Hoping they have not wiped out a whole crop of mushrooms. Last year, I caught 5 voles with a single trap. I only baited that trap once. That's a lot of mileage from a single chocolate chip.

Yesterday, I harvested the potatoes from my hay bale garden. got a lot of nice big clean spuds from a single hill. So impressed with that plant that I intend to put a HB garden in the middle of BTE orchard just for potatoes.

Pretty cool tomato trick. And as far as mice and fall problems I have the best Solution ever. A cat! When I moved in my house there was mold trails voles field mice in everything out the yard. In the last four years I have only found a few. And they were ones that the cat got and left for me on the front porch. G thanks Cat is happy in problem is solved. Her prize is napping under the shade of the tomato leaves

I put out 10 mouse traps baited with PB and chocolate chips. Have been finding holes in the garden, most likely voles. A lot of holes in the wood chips where I've put the mushroom spawn. Hoping they have not wiped out a whole crop of mushrooms. Last year, I caught 5 voles with a single trap. I only baited that trap once. That's a lot of mileage from a single chocolate chip.

Yesterday, I harvested the potatoes from my hay bale garden. got a lot of nice big clean spuds from a single hill. So impressed with that plant that I intend to put a HB garden in the middle of BTE orchard just for potatoes.
Never tried PB before. Great idea, caught some mice the cheese wasnt catching!

Oh yes peanut butter works better. And they have to sit and lick it. The cheese they grab and run

We use PB for that very reason. It’s thick enough that the slight little tug will help to set off any traps. Uncle of mine also swears by the ramp and bucket of water method. Oddly, when we tried it, we only got one mouse. Moved the bucket out of the way one time (my fault, completely overlooked the fact it still had water/was set up) and apparently in a 3” deep amount of water, that bucket has caught (to date) 4 extra mice and a dang chipmunk.

Moral of the story: have a cluttered garage like I do? Just leave 3 inches of water in a bucket. The rodents will be so kverwhelmed they’ll find a way to jump to their death by drowning. *facepalm*

Back
Top Bottom