My turkey is acting sick PLEASE HELP

Can you take a video of him, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here?

Is his crop full of food (hard), full of food and water (mushy), or full of water (soft)?

Can you take a video of him, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here?

Is his crop full of food (hard), full of food and water (mushy), or full of water (soft)?
I'll try to get a vid of him soon, he keeps like shrinking his neck in and swallowing and sometimes it makes a burp noise. I read that feeding them coconut oil can help with impacted crops so I'm going out to get some if it can help.

His crop is kinda hard to describe it just feels like a tough balloon. Yesterday his crop was full of food after he ate of course and that was all he ate before he went to bed and now his crop just kinda feels like a tough squishy balloon

He has just been standing like this all morning and hardly doing anything.

His crop is like the size of my hand (I can just about fit my whole hand over it) and it's very tough and squishy. Honestly I can't even tell if there is anything in there it just seems like a balloon full of nothing

20200920_132437.jpg

20200920_132153.jpg

Are you feeling his crop? Or just the inflated chest of a Tom turkey? He does look unwell. You may need a vet to help diagnose and treat him.

Are you feeling his crop? Or just the inflated chest of a Tom turkey? He does look unwell. You may need a vet to help diagnose and treat him.
I think it is his crop, he was pooping normally early this morning but now he is just pooping very small white turds. He has never acted like this before and I'm really worried

Is a vet an option?
Can I try giving him chilled coconut oil? I heard that can help chickens with impacted crops but I don't know if this is the case with him.
He was totally normal yesterday. I don't understand what's going on. I really don't want him to die

Back
Top Bottom