My turkey is acting sick PLEASE HELP

They can't get you in today, but they can see him tomorrow morning and the vet will see him between appointsments. You can drop him off at 8:30 am.

Mt Spokane Veterinary Hospital
17117 N. Newport Hwy
Mead, WA 99021
Phone: (509) 238 1585

Another place I tried calling is Hunter Veterinary, but their line is busy.
Is there anything else I can to do help my turkey while we wait for tomorrow
If you're gonna do it, you need to call them and let them know that your friend called them and told you that you needed to call to confirm dropping him off. You need to do this now, not tomorrow.
Okay we called and are going to take him in tomorrow morning. Is there anything I can do to help him while we wait?
I really appreciate you helping me out

Glad you were able to make the appointment. :hugs. In the meantime, the best thing to do is to keep him in a warm and quiet place with access to food and water.

Glad you were able to make the appointment. :hugs. In the meantime, the best thing to do is to keep him in a warm and quiet place with access to food and water.
His crop is really massive now
I tried to massage it and he like threw up yellowish water. I'm really scared for him
I don't know if I should be giving him any kind of food or water right now because of that

Do not massage his crop at all. If you don't want to give him food, that's okay, but do give him water. Call Hunter Vet and see if they can see him today. 509.327.9354 (I tried but could not get through).

DO *NOT* cancel tomorrow's apointment.

Do not massage his crop at all. If you don't want to give him food, that's okay, but do give him water. Call Hunter Vet and see if they can see him today. 509.327.9354 (I tried but could not get through).

DO *NOT* cancel tomorrow's apointment.
Hunter vet was my second option and when we called them they said they can't see him until tomorrow at like noon. The appointment for tomorrow seems like my only option now

How is he this morning? Good luck at the vet, and be very careful moving him if his crop is still full of liquid.
Idk I think he's a bit worse, he keeps doing a gagging/swallowing thing and throwing his head backwards but he is drinking a lot of water. His skin on his head feels really weird it's like playdough. It's hard for me to find a way to pick him up but I'll figure something out. I really hope the vets can help him, it's making me feel terrible seeing him like this.

So I just got him home about 30 mins ago.
They prescribed him amoxicillin and he has to stay on a liquid diet for awhile. They gave us a powder to mix with water to feed him through a syringe. He's still acting lethargic but I will be giving him his first dose of medicine soon.

They confirmed he has some sort of a blockage in his crop and did empty his crop while he was there but it still pretty full.

Hopefully he will get better soon and somehow pass whatever is blocking his crop?

Back
Top Bottom