1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

My turkey will not walk..Any help would be nice.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kiri0281, Jun 9, 2008.

1. kiri0281

kiri0281 Hatching

Jun 7, 2008
    I have 2 two day old turkey chicks that will not walk. They lay on their sides and will kick their feet but that is about it. I can work with them and get them to lay on their stomachs and they do actually try to wak but eventually fall over again. Is this normal for turkeys? I have incubated chickens with no problem but new on the turkeys. Any help or knowledge on these would help greatly. Thank You so much:|

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Songster

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    That happened to my rooster when he was a week old. He had spraddle leg, so we tied some string around his legs. And left kept his legs tied up for a week. Now he is doing really good.

Good luck with your turkeys [​IMG]

3. priszilla

priszilla Songster

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    have you tried giving them some V&E or gatorade- maybe they are weak? are they on shelf liner with a good deep grid to drip? I don't know- I only hatched one turkey and he (I think ) had no problems- I got some Standard chicks to keep him company and then found him a nother poult for the same purpose. Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: