My turkeys had a photo session

Those photos with the mirror are absolutely precious
love.gif
I have heard that guineas like to look at thier reflections in windows etc. It appears the turkeys do as well. Very cute!!

Those are superb images, PH. Thanks for posting them. Your choice of camera is a good one. I have had Canon's since the days of film and now use a 350D, the UK model of your Rebel.

Our turkeys love reflections of themselves too. The 14 week old stags occasionally stand and stare at their reflections in our steel water tank. The older stags occasionally get angry at the competitors that they think hide in the tank and behind the truck fender. My camera is always beyond reach on those occasions and the moment soon passes. When I take it out looking for good shots the turkeys all adopt their most boring stance and then eventually wander away looking as disinterested as possible. You must have great patience.

Make sure that you have a filter over your precious lenses for the close ups!

Thaiturkey: good point with a filter. I like to get close to my motives...
Franklin, the male has been marathon strutting for a few weeks and it is rare to find him in a "neutral" posture. I do "hang" with my fowl more than "normal" people do (I guess I fit in well here, because among bird fanciers I'm totally average
wink.png
). After checking me out for snacks, the birds resume their normal behavior very quickly and I can shoot away.

Your turkeys are so nice....I loved the cuddling picture, and the mirror ones the best.....I want some turkeys now, I am going to the poulrty show this weekend...I just might find some.

Great photos -- they look like their enjoy the attention that came with them! These BRs are the kind that I am most interested in having or maybe some Midget Whites. Turkeys are such intelligent and sensitive creatures...even my BB white (which people claim are dumb) figures things out quicker and caught on to the dinner time call\ o identify the container before my ducks or chickens! Also the most affectionate of all!
smile.png
Anyhow, back to yours, lol -- They are beautiful...the hen has such a cute expression in her eyes in the first picture with the mirror session.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom