MY turn to rant!

Katie Jo

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Wadsworth, Ohio
Sorry...I need to vent. I am so excited about my chicks hatching on the 30th, and I am getting nothing but GRIEF from my husband and just about everyone else I know. The constant barrage of "WHY do you want chickens?" and "They're gonna STINK, nobody will want to come over to your house!" and "What are you gonna do with them?" and every other negative comment you could imagine....it's driving me NUTS!! To begin with, I don't know why anybody really cares; it's not like I'm asking any of them to take care of my chickens. Secondly, unlike any other animal I can think of, they give you a prize (egg) EVERY DAY!!! I'd like to see my mother in-law's horses do something other than eat and poop and cost LOTS of money. Not that I have anything against horses, because I dont....I like horses. But they don't lay eggs! And chickens stepping on your feet dont hurt like a thousand lb horse!! Okay, I got that off my chest. I think I feel better now. Thanks guys for letting me rant!

Wow. You are getting it from all sides, aren't you? Just wait. They will end up loving the chickens and begging you for eggs before long...LOL

And despite 19 years of training with Cookie, 12 years with Xena, and 1 year with Zeus, none of those cats has once made me breakfast!!! The ducks just started laying, but I am getting eggs and they help me weed the garden too!

Last edited:
Doesn't it feel better to let it OUT! They won't understand til you get those chicks, and see how sweet they are .. then maybe they will understand, don't give up. Stick to you're guns.

Never you fear I get the same kind of grief around here I just smile and go on with my chicken planning
Pretend you are a duck let it roll off your back LOL
They won't be picking when they are begging for good eggs!

Wow! I know how you are feeling. Good thing I have been able to make most everyone I "really" care about understand. To heck with the "No Understanders" who are mostly from city areas!

So sorry
hugs.gif

But I must say, poor DH and SO are getting it in the last day or two.
hide.gif

Now as far as family goes, one of my sisters can't believe I have the animals I have. But she lives in the big city of Houston, Tx
woot.gif
LOL!

Um I am from the City and now live in the country, hey wait maybe that's why my family is freaking out, City boy trying to become chicken farmer.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom