My turn to rant!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sjisty, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Ok, so now it's my turn to rant. I have tried to hold it in, but you guys will listen to me.

My sister, bless her heart, is nothing but petty and cold! A little background here - my parents and my family moved here to Florida from Georgia 20+ years ago, leaving my sister and her family behind in Georgia. Last year my parents moved back up there because Florida is getting too expensive. Ever since, my sister has complained about them. "They have too many towels, no one needs more than two towels each." They have four little dogs - "They have no business having dogs. That's just something I will have to take care of when they die." The complaints go on and on. OMG!!!!!

Now, my sister just celebrated the birth of her first grandson a few days ago. My parents were included and got to hold the baby. Now the latest phone call was "You would have thought they were in pain - they couldn't even come up with a smile between them," as well as many other complaints. More background - my son died at the age of 19 a few years ago. He was their last grandson and they were very close. I know exactly what was going through their minds and memories when they held their new great-grandson. Of course they are proud of him, but they had to have been remembering their own grandson who was taken from them/us. My sister's answer was "won't they ever move on?" I would have probably been crying uncontrollably on the little tyke if I had been there!

My parents have been so unhappy since they moved up there. My sister has no compassion for them, only complaints. I so wish I could bring them back down here to live out their lives, but we have no money right now (hubby on very extended lay-off).

Please place my parents on your prayer list. They are in their 80s and deserve a happy ending, hopefully many more years from now!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    You're so right. Your parents deserve to live out their lives as they see fit. Sorry you are having to deal with this. I often have issues with my sisters over my Dad. It's hard. [​IMG]

3. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Poor Mom and Dad! Sounds like sis is being a bit of a twit.

Maybe she needs a reminder of what goes around comes around (or vice versa, I always get that mixed up) and someday she will be 80. She should pray that her children take better care of her than she is of your folks.

Are they eligible or would they be interested in a retirement community? Just a thought. There are many different living arrangments these days for seniors. Maybe you could explore that option.

Prayers for you all.

4. organicfoltzfamilyfarm

organicfoltzfamilyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Trafalgar, IN
    Eww! What a nasty woman! She should be happy that they spending the last years of their lives with her! Gosh!

5. Stumper

Stumper Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2009
    Fayetteville Arkansas
    Quote:My thoughts exactly...[​IMG]

6. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    keep trying to help your parents get back to FL....sounds like they will be so much happier in your area.

don't worry about your Sis. Just don't listen to the complaints. Why are you? LOL

if you chat on the phone and she starts to moan, say I don't want to hear it, change the subject or the phone call is over.

We allow this by listening....don't listen to it. Don't allow her misery to effect you. Life is too short.

Hope all goes well for everyone! [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I've got the perfect future-husband for your sister. Feel free to take him away...my uncle and her should go very well together.

8. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I wish every day that my mom was still here - hopefully, your sister will wise up or who knows, her children may do the same to her. Or worse, they may kick her to the curb and be done with her
    I am also so very sorry for the loss of your son

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm so sorry...
    i wish your sister would wake up, lifes so short and nothing to waste like that.

she'll be sorry when they are gone. she'll be real sorry..
    And i'm so sorry aboout your son also.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by