My two inside roosters!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PBGGG, Jan 6, 2014.

1. PBGGG

PBGGG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    Hey everyone,

We currently have two roosters living inside. There is Finn, our four-month old rooster who we found lost under our horse barn. We have a diaper for him because he goes all around the house. Finn gets along great with our older dog, Maisy. But with our newer dog, Jackie, who is a dachshund, not so much. She bugs him a lot by running up to him and biting his diaper, so he pecks her on the nose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That is him with Maisy.

Our second rooster, Rooster Cogburn, was kinda an emergency. He is our neighbors rooster, but he spends most of his time over here because he likes our ducks. A few days ago we noticed he was acting weird, like not standing. We brought a coop inside and put him in there. He is a lot better! His wattles have frostbite, still. They are black and crusty. His comb also has some black on it. Today he got into a little fight with Finn through the bars of the pen, but there were no injuries. Here are some picture of him!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We occasionally let him out to walk around, but when we do we put Finn in his cage as you can see. Today we let him out because it is pretty warm, but the ducks started bullying him and biting him. I picked him up and put him back inside. Whenever I leave the room or Finn isn't in there, he freaks out and makes a ton of noise. Now he is all right and pretty happy! Thank god!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww, poor boys. You're a good chicken owner! [​IMG] Love the pics, they are gorgeous guys!

3. PBGGG

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    Thanks! In the future I would love to get more chickens.

4. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

thats amazing what breeds are they?

5. PBGGG

Jun 17, 2013
    Maine
    I'm not exactly sure. Someone on another thread said Finn might be a gold-spangled hamburg, and Cogburn was an American Game.

Thanks for commenting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by