My two new ducklings and their adoptive chick sister *pics*

muffi

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Ayer, Massachusetts
I picked up a couple Black East Indie ducklings at a swap, yesterday. Bill is the larger one, and he is about one week older than Jill. Not sure of their exact ages, but Jill is still very little. The person that sold them to me said they were raised with chicks. They were crying at the time, because he had just sold the chicks, and they were missing them. Poor dears. When I got them home, I let them play in the hose water while I got their brooder ready. The little duckies noticed one of my 3 week old black star chicks and really took to her. They nuzzled her and made happy little peeps. So I decided to put that chick and my other black star chick in with the ducklings to keep them company. Well, the second chick was NOT happy. I had to return her to the rest of the chicks. But the first chick was perfectly happy to stay with the duckies. The three of them would snuggle together. The next day, I let everyone outside again. The chick stuck to the ducklings like glue and wanted nothing to do with the other chicks! They are so cute together.

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom