My two roos, I wonder what they are??? Pics

kyle7630

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Semora NC
These two guys tolerate each other and take good care of the girls. They're great to have around and I like how they look. I imagine they are mixed but have no idea with what. Any guesses?

100_1160.jpg

100_1162.jpg

100_1163.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry no idea...trying to determine what my own are, but wanted to tell you they are

ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL to me.

The blue looks like a Cochin but given his stance, I would lean more towards a Cochin cross possibly with Langshan. He has very heavy leg feathering for a cross and a Langshan in there should not diminish the leg feathering.

The red one is probably Cochin cross possibly with production red or New Hampshire. He doesn't have the leg feathering of the blue and his red coloration is very typical of a New Hampshire.

Very handsome boys.

Could Roo 1 maybe have some Blue Andalusian in him? I definitely see Cochin, especially with those fuzzy feets. They are both gorgeous! Are either of them very "Roo-ish" and mean?

Quote:
I doubt he would have Andalusian. His stance/carriage is all wrong for either an Andalusian or a Cochin. Plus, an Andalusian would probably reduce the amount of leg feathering.

Back
Top Bottom