My week old ducks are fighting. What to do?

Justice1177

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
Waterloo, IA
One of my week old ducks are fighting. I have 2 drakes and one is more aggressive to the other. He pecks at him and now the other duck is bleeding on his bottom, what should I do and how do I care for the bleeding duck?

Separate them, first. Just some plastic poultry fence dividing their space, with food and water on both sides should do it.

Now, I am confused. Week old, you know they are drakes? Same age? Sounds unusual.

What are they being fed? Do they have food with water at all times? Brooder temperature? Size of brooder?

They are 4 days old they came from a hatchery and I was told they are both drakes. The brooder is medium glass tank. They are feed vegetables and a starter feed. And they have water and food all the time.

What are the dimensions of the tank? Like, how many feet by how many feet? And is it stuffy in there? I have read that if they are physically cramped and uncomfortable, they will fuss with each other more.

Can you try a bigger brooder, even temporary? Like a sturdy cardboard box? Just thinking….

Back
Top Bottom