My White Eggs Turned Brown/Tan....???

I got off real late. We had an emergency patient come in at 5:30 and didn't leave till 645 so it's too late to drive another 45 min and have to get up at 5:30. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow then I will blow this up with MY pics!! I feel so bad but I just worked a 12 hour day and I'm exhausted. :-(
Totally understand. Can't wait til you get there and blow this up with pics of that special baby.

Start with 95*F and reduce by 5* each week until they've lost all their baby fluff and they're fully feathered but keep watch and they'll let you know when they're too warm or too cold (it'll be much easier to tell once your other eggs have hatched). If they're all huddled under the lamp they're cold and if they're as far away from it as they can get, they're too hot. You can adjust the temp by raising or lowering it. You can also keep it over one side of your brooder so they have a choice to be under it or not.

Last edited:
The guy who said it probably wouldn't hatch said to put a couple golf balls in box. Have y'all ever heard of this? What would it do with them? Or is he pulling my leg?

Um...no. I've heard of people using golf balls to help teach their pullets to use nesting boxes when they're getting ready to start laying but no idea what that guy is talking about.

My sweet baby is eating and drinking so good :) I think it's a girl cause I youtubed on how to do sexing. It looks like a chipmunk lol.

Back
Top Bottom