My whole grain mix

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
So I was looking into feed options for fermenting and didn’t come up with anything I liked that wasn’t heavily based on corn.

so this is for a large batch;

peas 25 pounds
Red wheat 50 pounds
Barley 50 pounds
Whole oats 50 pounds
Cracked corn 25 pounds

when I move to fermenting I would add in a herb mix of cayenne pepper, dill weed, ginger, thyme, sage, turmeric, oragano, and parsley.

I would love some input on this mix I have going on.

Here is a picture of my first go around it is missing the wheat and barley but I recently just found a supplier.

6B24F4B2-113C-48C1-97F0-3D7F87E21781.jpeg

Stories guide has home mixed ration recipes in the back. They are nutritionaly balanced, and would be a great place to start if you want a balanced feed vs scratch grains.

Actually none of the recipies in the book include either of those ingredents, but he does talk about cat food in the book.
I just relooked at it. I wasn’t looking to remove the pellet feed I feed but add in something extra for them to enjoy That is good for them. They come up to my back doorstep yelling for mealworms daily. So it was my idea to put out a bowl of this mix. As meal worms get expensive, and they don’t like it when I just toss cat food at them.

Back
Top Bottom