My wife forgot our six-year-old at the gym!

Oblio13

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 26, 2008
New Hampshire
She drove all the way home and the phone rang just as she came in the door:

"Um, we're closing and your kid is still here..."

I feel like I just drew the Monopoly "Get out of Jail Free" card.
cool.png

Too funny! That is if you kid wasn't too traumatized. You definitely have a get out of jail free card. A definite scrapbook memory!!!!
lau.gif

That is every womans worst nightmare...to forget your kid somewhere. I used to be driving down the road taking inventory all the time, making sure I knew where my kids were because I had this paranoid sense that one day I would forget one of them somewhere!
Be nice to her she probably feels terrible about it

Better at the play room at the gym, than in the car :|

Don't be too hard on her.... all's well that ends well! And I bet she'll never do THAT again!!
tongue.png

lau.gif
Indeed.... sounds like you will get a free pass next time you mess up! Hahahaha! Poor lady, I'll bet she's red in the face and mortified to boot! I have done it once... but it sank in so good that now I have this moment of panic when I leave a place and one of the kids isn't there, even though they are not even with me!
hmm.png

Yep, been there, done that, have the scars to prove it! I am now the mother that counts, repeatedly, wherever we are. 1 - 2 -3 yep, all there!!! When I babysat, it was 5! I even do it when the neighbor kids are here. Or, Heaven forbid, a birthday party! I am a counting queen! I even do it with my 10 baby chicks! Every minute or so, the kids see me point and count. They pick on me endlessly about it, but it keeps me sane. (or as close as I can get!)
I'm glad it all worked out ok! And for your free pass!!! Steph

Used to happen to me all the time- The family would sit down to Sunday lunch and notice someone was missing. "Oh we left the baby at church". I guess I have inherited some of my mom's "flakeyness". I notice I tend to lose track of things when I am under a lot of stress. It does impede your mental acuity, so don't be too hard on your wife.

The important thing is your six-year-old was in safe hands.

Back
Top Bottom