My X Rocks are different birds now!

Michele S

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 19, 2010
I let my guys out of the shed yesterday. They didn't want to go, but I got them out with a trail of food. Perhaps I can do that on killing day, like Hansel and Gretel? So, WOW, they are completely different birds today. They are all over the yard. We've got about a 1/4 acre of desert that they are in and they are all over the place. They are even running and flapping. I would have never believed it 2 days ago when I had birds dying and sitting around all day long. I was really quite disgusted with them to be honest. But seeing them out and about and acting more like a bird than a pig is a huge transformation. Thanks for all your tips and advice. Haven't had another one die.

Now let's hope the hawks and vultures don't eat 'em!!!

That's awesome... The biggest thing is getting them outside at a young age so they can do chicken things. The more exercise they get the better. Good for you...

Good luck.

Quote:
ep.gif

LOL! We are right smack in the middle of Vegas. Everyone has six foot block walls, so we don't get the coyotes here. But on the outskirts of town where my MIL lives, the quail are in mating season right now and the coyotes are going crazy. She lives in a Sun City and all the old folks feed the quail and they are as big as chickens and the coyotes come down the mountain at night and dine at the quail buffet, then the seniors all got mad when their poodles got eaten, and it's like Stop Feeding The Quail! DUH!

Quote:
ep.gif

LOL! We are right smack in the middle of Vegas. Everyone has six foot block walls, so we don't get the coyotes here. But on the outskirts of town where my MIL lives, the quail are in mating season right now and the coyotes are going crazy. She lives in a Sun City and all the old folks feed the quail and they are as big as chickens and the coyotes come down the mountain at night and dine at the quail buffet, then the seniors all got mad when their poodles got eaten, and it's like Stop Feeding The Quail! DUH!

My mom lives down there off of Apache ln. Cracked me up last time I went to visit and I could hear chickens behind those big walls less then 3-blocks away from a large mall. Go Vegas!!! Are you guys legal down there or is it just not enforced?

Glad your meaties are doing better!

We are zoned for chickens, horses, etc, not that anyone has any around here anymore, but I didn't look into number of chickens. We have a commissioner living right behind the coop. His backyard looks like the Mirage with the fake rocks and fountains. If those things start crowing, I am going to be in big trouble. My mailman brought them right to the house. Is he allowed to do that? He said he's been on this route for 25 years and never had anyone order chickens before. When I told people I was getting meat chickens they were like, WHAT? Are you in-sane? There's a lot of vegetarians around these parts. Hope the don't send PETA over.
lol.png

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I changed that. I guess those people are a bit crazy and probably don't want to provoke them. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom