My young silkies :D 6-7 weeks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moorat, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Moorat

Moorat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2010
    London, UK
    These are my first silkies ever and since the day they hatched i knew they were the breed for me, theyre so beautiful [​IMG] and incredibly kind and docile, When I bought the eggs they were supposedly from show stock silkies but I didnt believe it as buying eggs online you cant expect to get what your paying for but seeing the way theyre turning out im very much convinced [​IMG]

Goldie the lion chicken hehe
    [​IMG]

and again, you can see its growing beard
    [​IMG]

I couldnt get clear shots on my two whites but theyre basically the same except most of theyre silkie-fur hasnt grown out enough to make them look 'fluffy'. I think goldie might be a male from its behaviour and growth or maybe its just the colour breed I dunno, i'll try to get some piks of my whities

2. Aria

Aria Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Thanks for sharing. They are adorable. Love the heavy bearded ones.

3. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    Very very cute! I love silkies!!!

4. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh how beautiful. Next time I'm getting a few silkies! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Cute silkies, and I think the buff may be a boy

6. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Yes, Goldie is a male. I can tell by his comb. Nice looking boy. [​IMG]

7. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    so cute thanks for sharing [​IMG]

8. Moorat

Moorat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2010
    London, UK
    Aww thank you for the comments and compliments everyone [​IMG] im very proud of them and its nice to finally know hes a male although it was quite clear now that I think back from when they hatched hes always been the fiesty dominant one [​IMG] It'll be interesting to see the colour variations between them when they have theyre own babies and i become a grandparent [​IMG] but I think i might buy more eggs from the same place seeing as theyre pure breeds and I dont want to break theyre colour but for now im just glad theyre still growing up
    truth be told im dreading the day theyre gonna go outside to live in the coop my dad helped me build which is ready for them, I enjoy theyre company so much and im scared they'll turn cold to me once they get use to be alone with each other but its gonna have to happen someday [​IMG] im just holding off til then using excuses that the weather is too cold [​IMG]

9. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    SO cute!! We have our first pip on an egg for our first silkies today! So excited to get some fluffies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by