MyAmishgoods.com....super disappointed!!!!

This is what Debra told me early on in our conversations when I mentioned I wanted to talk to HER boss. She said she was a "representive for the Amish people." I don't know, I'd trust her about as far as I could throw her....I then told her that I DO know how the Amish people operate, and they would be plenty upset if they knew how she was representing them.....who the heck knows what the truth is. My coop should be here later on today, then I'm FINISHED with them! By the way, my coop should have been here before easter!!!!!

that really blows

around here the amish take great pride in their work my uncle just had a barn built by a group of amish and they did an amazing job i think this debra person is taking advantage of the amish and should be extremely ashamed of herself and the job i have i know a lot of delivery drivers and most if not all of them have some type of pallet jack or something that they use to off load things especially if it's something like a coop honestly how many people are going to have a dock or tractor or forklift at their disposal to unload a coop

Sometimes it seems easy to order something delivered over the internet, but the problem is you don't get to see what you're getting until it's too late to send it back. And then there are sometimes nasty surprises like the shipping doesn't include actual delivery.

I hired a local builder to build me the coop of my dreams, and it turned out to be about the same cost as one of those Tuff Sheds modified with the number of vents and windows I wanted, even though the quality of my custom coop is far superior, both in materials and craftsmanship. I was able to specify exactly the design I wanted, exactly the materials I wanted, and it was built right in my yard under my watchful eye. I saved a little money by doing the staining and adding the hardware cloth myself; those parts were easy to do.

I found my coop builder through a local poultry group. Before I hired him, I was able to check out samples of his work so I pretty much knew what I was getting. To me, buying locally is the way to go!

Maybe the "amish" built are not actually Amish but related to amish.....The items I have and have seen that are Amish made are nice and very well made. Maybe she has a second cousin twice removed that left the Amish community and hired some piece workers and are slapping these coops together.

For the same money - you could build a coop probably nicer and in less time. I had ZERO building experience and I made some pretty nice coops in a week or so just going slowly. My coops are three years old and still in pretty good condition and the chickens sure like them too!

34919_chixjuliii_023.jpg
[/img]

Sorry you seem to have been "taken" by this company. Since they specified you have to unload the truck I don't think you have legal grounds to sue unless they offered delivery date guaranteed. I don't think you will recover your money I am sorry to say.

I would continue to warn others though so other people don't get taken.

Caroline

We, too have struggled with this company. We were told about 3 weeks for production and about two days for it to be delivered to us. At four weeks, we contacted Debra and she told us she was trying to line up delivery. Our coop showed up two weeks later. The delivery guy was great and kept in touch with us as to when he would arrive. When he did arrive, he did not have the run that was supposed to come with our coop. I called Debra immediately (she actually answered) to let her know we were missing the run. The same driver delivered it about 6 days later. Now we have the run put together, but it is designed in such a way that does not allow for the chicken door to open. I am soooooo dissappointed with this company. I have been VERY patient with them. My chicks were 8 weeks when they finally got a larger living space, and now they have yet to safely roam outdoors because of this design flaw. I am hoping to hear from Debra tomorrow to see if she can help with this run issue. My girls need to get out!!!!

Look at this, click on the sheds on their page, go into any shed, and it shows their price with shipping, but the fully assembled price says $0.00. We should all buy one and really send her into a tizzy LOL
lol.png

We did get a hold of Debra, and she helped to fix the run issue we were having. Hoping this is the last of our frustrations with this company.

I seem to be the only one with a good experience. I ordered my coop custom, it took 3 weeks to arrive on a tractor trailer with a hydraulic lift and huge dolly. The guy did all of the work because he said he had to due to insurance issues. I didn't have to pay extra for anything.
idunno.gif
Also, the coop was wrapped in tons of plastic wrap type stuff, it's really a very nice coop, mine is, anyway. I've had it for over two years, maybe the service was better then?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom