Mycoplasma gallisepticum? Please help.

Pics
Well, the results just came in, but it turns out the testing was just for Pullorum/Avian Influenza. I don’t know how that got mixed up. I could’ve sworn I asked them to test for MG.:he
At least now I know my birds are Pullorum/AI free? Lol..
I’m going to get testing done for MG again. I’m trying to find a different lab because that was such a hassle, but if I can’t I might have to go through the whole process again.:barnie

Thank you.

It's so frustrating. I can't find a local vet that tests, so I'm still trying to schedule with the state vet. They did just have an important person retire, so that explains some of it, but it's still no excuse.
Thankfully the chickens do look somewhat better. Maybe a little nasal discharge, but not much. There's still occasional sneezing. One hen sneezes violently frequently. I feel so bad for her. :(

Thank you.

It's so frustrating. I can't find a local vet that tests, so I'm still trying to schedule with the state vet. They did just have an important person retire, so that explains some of it, but it's still no excuse.
Thankfully the chickens do look somewhat better. Maybe a little nasal discharge, but not much. There's still occasional sneezing. One hen sneezes violently frequently. I feel so bad for her. :(
Did you ever get results on the MG? How is your flock doing now that it’s winter?

Did you ever get results on the MG? How is your flock doing now that it’s winter?
Sorry, I forgot to update! :oops: I ended up going with the Zoologics testing. I had a full respiratory panel done, and it all came back negative.
My flock is doing good, thank goodness. I usually have the waterer in the coop during the winter ( the outlet for the water heater is in the coop), but this year I set it up outside in their run. It’s made a big difference in the humidity.

Sorry, I forgot to update! :oops: I ended up going with the Zoologics testing. I had a full respiratory panel done, and it all came back negative.
My flock is doing good, thank goodness. I usually have the waterer in the coop during the winter ( the outlet for the water heater is in the coop), but this year I set it up outside in their run. It’s made a big difference in the humidity.
That’s great!! Good news for your chickies!! ❤️

When you obtained the Zoologix testing at home, was the chicken sick or did it have symptoms at the time? Did you swab the back of the throat or nasal passages. What was the total cost? Just noisy, since I haven’t had to do testing. Glad that it was negative.

When you obtained the Zoologix testing at home, was the chicken sick or did it have symptoms at the time? Did you swab the back of the throat or nasal passages. What was the total cost? Just noisy, since I haven’t had to do testing. Glad that it was negative.
No worries! Yes, the hen I collected the swabs from had symptoms. I swabbed the back of the throat. I’m not certain, but I believe the total cost was $100 for a respiratory disease panel.

Back
Top Bottom