Mycoplasma Gallisepticum

Kalina96

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2020
Greetings to everyone

I've posted months ago about mycoplasma gallisepticum, and most of you told me to cull my flock and start over. I've changed my new flocks location far from the old one, practiced good biosecurity. Today I changed beddings in the coop. The thing is, bedding 'wood shavings' were in a carton sack, the tricky part now is that the sack was in my old barn in which, I sometimes kept my MG positive chickens during bad weather, I've put the sack like a month and half ago in the barn. The last time my positive flock spent time in the barn and was in contact with the soil there was 7-8 months ago. I'm concerned if some dust particles somehow ended up in that carton bag and came in contact with wood shavings which I used as the bedding today... Can anyone tell me if there is any chance my birds got infected this way even tho.my positive flock was last time in the barn 8 months ago? To note, before putting the wood shavings in the coop, I have spread it on bed sheet on the ground and left it stay out in open for 3 days, the temp here at night is 1-2C and during the day 15-18C. I don't know if that helps lessening the chances if there are any 😑 Anyone to answer, please?

Last edited:
MG or mycoplasma can last on material and in the environment for several day. If the bag was sealed, the contents should be alright after several days.
Hello! Thanks for your reply. The bag was actually half sealed, still would 3 days of letting out the wood shavings in the sun/air enough? And again the last time my positive flock was in the contact with the soil/dust where the bag used to be was 7-8 months ago
Thank you once again

Greetings to everyone

I've posted months ago about mycoplasma gallisepticum, and most of you told me to cull my flock and start over. I've changed my new flocks location far from the old one, practiced good biosecurity. Today I changed beddings in the coop. The thing is, bedding 'wood shavings' were in a carton sack, the tricky part now is that the sack was in my old barn in which, I sometimes kept my MG positive chickens during bad weather, I've put the sack like a month and half ago in the barn. The last time my positive flock spent time in the barn and was in contact with the soil there was 7-8 months ago. I'm concerned if some dust particles somehow ended up in that carton bag and came in contact with wood shavings which I used as the bedding today... Can anyone tell me if there is any chance my birds got infected this way even tho.my positive flock was last time in the barn 8 months ago? To note, before putting the wood shavings in the coop, I have spread it on bed sheet on the ground and left it stay out in open for 3 days, the temp here at night is 1-2C and during the day 15-18C. I don't know if that helps lessening the chances if there are any 😑 Anyone to answer, please?

MG is something tricky and once settled in blood it create problems in every 4-6 months so taking action is important weather Antibiotic or natural route

I'm more in Natural way I always get good results with Natural herbs like Garlic , cinnamon , Fennel , Ginger , clove and oregano

I always use Essential Oils in water and I see very impressive results within few days

Back
Top Bottom