Mycoplasma

How many are actually showing symptoms? Tylosin powder is put in the water 1 tsp per gallon change every 2 days, for a total of 3-5 days. It treats MG, but nothing cures it, as it remains inside the body for life.

Enrofloxacin 10% liquid is used for treating things like E. Coli, which does not respond to Tylosin. But enrofloxacin will treat MG. Just so you know, it is banned for chickens in the US. It is used in dogs and cats, but vets are not supposed to prescribe it. However, some do for treatment of E.coli in egg yolk peritonitis or salpingitis.

I would use Tylosin only on symptomatic birds. But I would not use both antibiotics at the same time. The enro should be used on birds with secondary symptoms. An egg withdrawal time is needed after enro, but none with Tylosin.

Honestly, I would not even consider selling hatching eggs or birds from your flock, or showing birds.

Thank you for all your help. I have tylan, sulfa, and tetracycline. Will the tetra work on the E. coli

How many are actually showing symptoms? Tylosin powder is put in the water 1 tsp per gallon change every 2 days, for a total of 3-5 days. It treats MG, but nothing cures it, as it remains inside the body for life.

Enrofloxacin 10% liquid is used for treating things like E. Coli, which does not respond to Tylosin. But enrofloxacin will treat MG. Just so you know, it is banned for chickens in the US. It is used in dogs and cats, but vets are not supposed to prescribe it. However, some do for treatment of E.coli in egg yolk peritonitis or salpingitis.

I would use Tylosin only on symptomatic birds. But I would not use both antibiotics at the same time. The enro should be used on birds with secondary symptoms. An egg withdrawal time is needed after enro, but none with Tylosin.

Honestly, I would not even consider selling hatching eggs or birds from your flock, or showing birds.
My show days are over. In your opinion would you destroy these birds if they were yours ?

Back
Top Bottom