1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MyPetChicken.com is MADE OF AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cindyanne1, May 12, 2009.

1. cindyanne1

cindyanne1 Mother Goose

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I can't say enough good things about them! [​IMG]

My chicks arrived safely, one day after hatching, nestled in a cozy box in a "nest" made of finely shredded paper "straw" and a heat pack.

They were hardly peeping at the post office, and I opened the box to examine them with one of the postal workers (who said she was worried about them!) and we found eight bright-eyed, healthy, alert chicks. They weren't peeping because they were content! It was so warm and cozy in the box!

I received my order (3 barred Rock pullets and 3 RIR pullets) along with two packing peanuts that I believe are Red Star roosters. [​IMG]

Here's a few pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have another order coming from them the week of June 8! I'm excited!! (And then I'll be done buying chicks for a while, I think.. lol!!) [​IMG]

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I got 2 great MPC orders, and agree that their service and chicks are very good.

Way to go, MPC!!

3. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    MPC doesn't generally do packing peanuts. I'm betting you got a couple of extra pullets thrown in for free! You'll have to post pics in the What Breed/Gender am I thread to find out what they are!

4. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:Even though we were only expecting 1 order! [​IMG]

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have agree, those Redstars are not roosters. [​IMG] They have way too much gold in them. Congratz! [​IMG]

6. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I'm so happy to hear a "happily ever after" story. Congratulations on the beautiful chicks. [​IMG]

Michele.

7. chickypoo

chickypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Chickies! Yay!

I second the opinion that the red star are girls. Congrats! [​IMG]

8. cindyanne1

cindyanne1 Mother Goose

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Yes I also thought MPC didn't do "packing peanuts" very often. I was surprised they put a few extra in there, but maybe it was a packing error. [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure one of the sex links is a girl, but still not too sure about the other. It is a lot lighter than its counterpart, although it still has faint stripes down its back... but what makes me wonder are the wing tips. The primary feathers that are starting to grow in are a lot shorter than the secondary feathers. *ponders*

It would be kind of awesome to have a roo. [​IMG] But I also have a black Australorp male included in my June 8 order too. I hope they won't fight. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by