MyPetChicken/Meyer easter eggers brief question.

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
I am getting 2 more easter eggers from MyPetChicken which I believe is a broker for Meyer and well, I have 2 easter eggers already and they look mostly the same, mountain man beards and gold and black feathers, teeny little comb on their heads. So my question is, what should I expect my easter eggers to look like from Meyer? I would like to get some variety and I've seen so many pictures I'm just not sure what to think. Are they just random mutts and it's the luck of the draw? Thanks.

Here are my 2 from MPC this year...

57454_chickletascocoa_005.jpg

I'm up in Harvest, Alabama and just completed a chicken tractor for 4-5 hens. That's a story and a half but for an old lady with no carpentry skills, it didn't come out too bad. I'll have to post some pics when I figure out how.

I'm looking for some barred rocks maybe 16+ weeks old or more. I'd consider RIRs or Austrolorps. Basically I want dual purpose large egg layers with calm dispositions who won't be too broody.

Anyone know where I can get a few hens in Northern Alabama or Southern Middle Tennessee?

Thanks

I have two EEs from MPC. I received a gold one like in the picture above and a solid white one. Both are beautiful, friendly egg layers.
thumbsup.gif

I bought 25 EEs from Meyer 2 years ago and they looked like golden lakenvelders. Beautiful. I was able to command a good sales price for them for this area.

Quote:
I got two EE's from MPC that looked exactly like the two pictured above.

Cool...they are pretty....now if they will just lay....

Back
Top Bottom