MyPetChicken/Meyer easter eggers brief question.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by cupman, Sep 1, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I am getting 2 more easter eggers from MyPetChicken which I believe is a broker for Meyer and well, I have 2 easter eggers already and they look mostly the same, mountain man beards and gold and black feathers, teeny little comb on their heads. So my question is, what should I expect my easter eggers to look like from Meyer? I would like to get some variety and I've seen so many pictures I'm just not sure what to think. Are they just random mutts and it's the luck of the draw? Thanks.

2. ranchruler@gmail.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    alliance,oh
    i ordered from them once and they where a brown black color pretty cool tho

3. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Here are my 2 from MPC this year...

[​IMG]

4. nursepinch

nursepinch Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2011
    I'm up in Harvest, Alabama and just completed a chicken tractor for 4-5 hens. That's a story and a half but for an old lady with no carpentry skills, it didn't come out too bad. I'll have to post some pics when I figure out how.

I'm looking for some barred rocks maybe 16+ weeks old or more. I'd consider RIRs or Austrolorps. Basically I want dual purpose large egg layers with calm dispositions who won't be too broody.

Anyone know where I can get a few hens in Northern Alabama or Southern Middle Tennessee?

Thanks

5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I have two EEs from MPC. I received a gold one like in the picture above and a solid white one. Both are beautiful, friendly egg layers. [​IMG]

6. Mandymooligan

Mandymooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Chino Valley, AZ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Myers EE's.

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:I got two EE's from MPC that looked exactly like the two pictured above.

8. colby318

colby318 got 'dottes?

Jul 14, 2008
    Stamping Ground, KY
    I bought 25 EEs from Meyer 2 years ago and they looked like golden lakenvelders. Beautiful. I was able to command a good sales price for them for this area.

9. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:I got two EE's from MPC that looked exactly like the two pictured above.

Cool...they are pretty....now if they will just lay....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by