Mypetchicken order -- does their date available hold true?

i ordered my chicks this year from them. They said week of April 1st, and they arrived on April 2nd in the afternoon. I think the hatchery is in Connecticut and I am in Mass, so that is probably why I got my order so fast. I ordered 9 chicks, they were all alive when I got them, but one of them was kinda weak and scrawny looking. She only made it a couple days :( but the others are all doing great. Good luck!

Does everyone get a tracking number from MPC when the chicks ship? My chicks were supposed to ship yesterday but I've had no contact from MPC regarding tracking them.

Edited to add: I checked the email I got from them after I placed the order and it said they don't provide a tracking number when the chicks ship.

Last edited:
Does everyone get a tracking number from MPC when the chicks ship? My chicks were supposed to ship yesterday but I've had no contact from MPC regarding tracking them.

You only get a tracking number from them if your order is late. I think they are considered late if they don't come by thursday. Then they can track them down for you. But, when you ordered them they should have given you a tracking number just in case.

Ok just got an email from them saying they shipped! Got a tracking number too. Unfortunately all the tracking tells me right now is that the chicks were processed through the sorting facility in Mansfield, Ohio yesterday at 2:40pm. So nervous and excited! Hope everyone receives their chicks safe and sound :)

Last edited:
I ordered 6 baby chicks and they tell me their estimated arrival date is the week of May 6th. Does anyone have experience with them? I am going on vaca the beginning of July and I want to get my chicks when they tell me I can so I can get them in their coop at 5 or 6 weeks of age and give them a few weeks to develop a comfortable routine before I have to leave. Theyonly ship once a week on Mondays, so a week or two delay will really mess me up! I am ready for them now. I wish they could come now!
So to answer the OP, as far as I'm concerned the date did hold true. Obviously, I do not have my chicks yet, but the ship date was what I expected. I placed the order in November for an April 8th ship date. I did get a couple emails on Friday regarding possibly lower than expected hatch rates for two breeds I ordered. I was told this could delay my order at least a couple weeks if I decided not to accept any substitutions. There was apparently no issue with filling my order with the breeds I ordered since I didn't receive a call yesterday. I think if you're willing to accept substitutions if there are hatch rate issues, then they should not have an issue getting you your chicks on time. If you are committed to the breeds you orginally ordered, then there might be a delay. Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom