Mysterious ayam mix..

Ok.
I guess I always thought the FM gene was dominant.
If you saw the picture of when they were closer to hatch they were alot more black. They have the black eyes too. Idk why the black has diluted as they have grown.. im not knowledgeable about chicken genetics but really want to learn! I did see another thread on here from ayam mixes and there were many with grey skin and a few with yellow skin.. maybe it just has to do with if they are a double carrier or single carrier of a gene?

Here is my other one that just hatched. They all look different. Any ideas or what any of them are mixed with?

Attachments

• 20200919_173141.jpg
    20200919_173141.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200919_173056.jpg
    20200919_173056.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 10
Ok now im completely confused. Its skin has turned even more yellow.. i swear to you guys this came out of what looked like an ayam egg. Smaller medium sized egg that was a cream color. I know there are ayams in the flock and he said he got it from them. What the heck are these feathers. They just seem so different.

Attachments

• 20200923_115016.jpg
    20200923_115016.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200923_115021.jpg
    20200923_115021.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200923_115025.jpg
    20200923_115025.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 7
They kinda look like Australorp, have you ever seen the parent birds
It was just a mixed flock. No idea. I guess it could have that in it. I could see it. Two have pure black eyes so they have to be certain breeds. This guy is someone I know. I didnt look at his chickens since he keeps them far back on his property. The guy has like 20 acres. He brought me the eggs on his quad.. He's an honest kind person. But everyone is saying they don't look like they have ayam in them..

I will also agree that there is likely no Ayam in these chicks. Not close up anyway.

As far as the feathers go, that is super strange. Maybe the genetics forum would be better suited to help figure it out.

It was just a mixed flock. No idea. I guess it could have that in it. I could see it. Two have pure black eyes so they have to be certain breeds. This guy is someone I know. I didnt look at his chickens since he keeps them far back on his property. The guy has like 20 acres. He brought me the eggs on his quad.. He's an honest kind person. But everyone is saying they don't look like they have ayam in them..
He might just not know what he has, maybe he was lied to about his 'ayams', it happens a lot when it comes to highly sought breeds.
Australorps, silkie, orpingtons and many other breeds have dark or almost black eyes, so it doesnt mean they're ayam lineage just because they have dark eyes.

He might just not know what he has, maybe he was lied to about his 'ayams', it happens a lot when it comes to highly sought breeds.
Australorps, silkie, orpingtons and many other breeds have dark or almost black eyes, so it doesnt mean they're ayam lineage just because they have dark eyes.
Yeah i know. That's why I said it's a clue to what breed they are. And the egg color and size is a clue. Astralorp and orpingtons do not have black eyes like these. I have plenty of both those breeds and have compared. I have a 100 chickens and many different breeds and I cant figure it out exactly. Maybe one might actually have Dominique in it. I vaguely remember him saying he had one but I could be getting that wrong. I just sent him a text asking him what breeds he has. I haven't wanted to bother him since he has been dealing with the fire being a mile from his house..

Back
Top Bottom