Mystery Babies

Super Spy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
Hi guys,

Ok, I got these littel babies when they were about a week old. This was a couple of weeks ago. Now they are featehring out now so I can see what kinds of patterns they might have. I will post pictures later, but in the mean time if anyone has any ideas, that would be great. I got them from a friends mother who hatched them in her class and has no idea what they were. They are both jet black with black legs and one of them has brown "pencil" markings on its breast. Something that I noticed today that might help identify their breed is that on their feet, the three talons in front are different colors. The middle one is white while the outer two are black. If anyone has any ideas please share.
thumbsup.gif

No, I have a little banty cochin that has feathers on her feet. They only have black legs, no feathering on them and then the whole toe thing.

mind if I ask you some questions to narrow it down

How many toes?
Do you happen to know which breeder/hatchery your friend got them from?
Are they bantams?
Do you happen to know if they are meant to be layers or meat or ornamental fowl?

They have the normal amount of toes, three in the front and then the one in the back. The three in the front are just different colors like I mentioned above. And my friend knows nothing about chickens so he has no idea where they got these or any other hints. They are not banties though. Full sized. here are some pictures. Both of them together and then one of them has the brown on its breast.

you can see the brown ^. see how the one in the middle is white and the other ones are black. This is the other one. Pure black, no brown coloring on the breast like the other one.

the one with the brown markings is a Black Sex Link, the other one could be also as they do have varying amounts of black on them, or it could be a totally different breed.

Maybe the solid black ones are australorps but since the one looks like I sex link it's likely the others are too.

Cool, I looked it up and the one with brown looks exactly like the pictures. still dont know about the all black one. Thanks for the help
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom