Mystery bald spot??

Iluvmysilkies

Songster
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Utah
Can anyone help me with this mystery? I have 2 1/2week old silkie chick who has this mystery bald spot on the side of her crop/neck area about the size of a large marble and its intirely bald. She's happy and healthy though, and its not even noticable till I get her out and handle her. She's the only chick in the group with this and she's also one of the biggest so I dont think she's being picked on but I could be wrong. FYI- Her crop is huge in this pic because she just pigged out on boiled egg lol. Any ideas what this spot could be and if its anything I should concern myself with?

Last edited:
I think she had something dried on her and the others just kept pecking until it was gone. looks fine. any infection? have you put anything on it? keep her separate until feathers come back?

I think she had something dried on her and the others just kept pecking until it was gone. looks fine. any infection? have you put anything on it? keep her separate until feathers come back?
There was nothing stuck on her that ive ever noticed and I havent seen any of the other chicks pecking at her or anything. They all seem to get along great. Ive been told it could even possibly be ring worm. It doesent look like the typical ringworm though. Its just warm and normal feeling skin. Its not flakey or anything. Its just weird how its completely bald with no fuzz or anything.

Back
Top Bottom