Mystery bantam chicks (pics)!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rubberduckies, Apr 2, 2015.

1. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    Can anybody tell me what these are??

Chick 1: kind of has a "chipmunk stripe" on back. Old English game??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 2 and 3: yellow with black spots on back and one on head. I have no idea!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick 4,5,6: grayish color, feathered legs, 4 toes. Pretty sure they're porcelains.
    [​IMG]

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    4,5,6 and six sound like Belgian Bearded D'uccles. 2 and 3 since there is not much to go from (at least the other three had feathered legs) I think the color is mottled but with those two you might have to wait until they grow a little bit more especially if they came from a mystery bantam mix. I also think you might be right with the Old English Game.

3. rubberduckies

rubberduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Kentucky
    Hmmm. I was thinking porcelain d'uccle because of the grayish color. It's not brownish like the Belgium bearded I've seen. Maybe 2,3 are just some weird Easter egger? I guess it'll be fun seeing what they grow into.

4. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Belgian bearded d'uccle is the breed not the color in which comes in multiple colors (You're probably thinking of Mille Fleur Belgian bearded d'uccle) they come in porcelain too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by