Mystery bantam - week by week updates

Some of the coloring that you are seeing may molt out.😊
Also in hatchery quality buff not uncommon to see some black feathers.
Wonderful! I didn't get to see her before the lady put her in the box, my sister picked her out. If it doesn't oh well. Still going to post the development just on case someone else has the same mystery lol

From what I understand, cochins lag a little in development, is this true for the bantam variety as well?
They are a little slower to develop than some breeds. I believe as with Silkies, hatchery quality are quicker to develop than breeder quality. I have only one Cochin, she was from Cackle and started laying around 6 months of age.😊
Unlike some other bantams out there, the Cochin bantam is its own breed and not just a mini version of a standard Cochin.

They are a little slower to develop than some breeds. I believe as with Silkies, hatchery quality are quicker to develop than breeder quality. I have only one Cochin, she was from Cackle and started laying around 6 months of age.😊
Unlike some other bantams out there, the Cochin bantam is its own breed and not just a mini version of a standard Cochin.
Thank you, I did not know that. I am excited yo see her grow and develop for sure.

Back
Top Bottom