Mystery black chickens

one of these is a black sex link I know for sure because I already have a 4 year old hen, and I got this one out of the black sex link bin! It has a super rusty chest and yellow legs. But the other two came out of a black silkie bin,which they clearly are not. They have black/slate legs, and a tiny bit of rust on their chests but none on they backs or anything. I'm guessing they are more black sex links but they look nothing like the other one and I got them all at the same time in 2 different bins.
They all look like black sex links to me.

Well I guess that is what they are then. I was hoping to have something different even if it was not what I picked. But I still love my bsl hen, she is my favorite and 4 years old now.

Yes, those are definitely not silkies! Earlier I bought two barred rock pullets from a feed store, and one of them was a rooster! I guess i was just supposing you got them from a feed store since you said 'bin'. Hope you can figure out what they are!

Yes, those are definitely not silkies! Earlier I bought two barred rock pullets from a feed store, and one of them was a rooster! I guess i was just supposing you got them from a feed store since you said 'bin'. Hope you can figure out what they are!

Yeah it was either big r or tractor supply, I can't remember anymore. I bet they are bsl and just different looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5031.JPG
    IMG_5031.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1
one of these is a black sex link I know for sure because I already have a 4 year old hen, and I got this one out of the black sex link bin! It has a super rusty chest and yellow legs. But the other two came out of a black silkie bin,which they clearly are not. They have black/slate legs, and a tiny bit of rust on their chests but none on they backs or anything. I'm guessing they are more black sex links but they look nothing like the other one and I got them all at the same time in 2 different bins.

All three are black sex links. I had 2. One is very rusty and the other only had a touch under her chin. Mine both had black legs.

Well I guess that is what they are then. I was hoping to have something different even if it was not what I picked. But I still love my bsl hen, she is my favorite and 4 years old now.

hey,I know its later on this thread but i have broody chickens that resuntly hatched a bunch of eggs i showed you a picture of them.It appers one of the chicks is getting a rusty color so it is a possibility you have Easter eggers the only real way to tell is if they lay colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom