Mystery Chick from Feed Store

Wynonna

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
This is my first time raising chicks, and my first post on BYC! I have two 5 week old chicks from the feed store. They were suppose to be Silver Laced Wyandottes, and one really is. They came from the same cage as the Golden Laced Wyandottes, so I did assume that they just got mixed up and I got one of each. As the feathers have been coming in on my second one they are striped, not laced, and I have no idea what he is. I would appreciate any help identifying his breed(s).

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

He is a beautiful chick! His markings are saying male, and I think he will be a beautiful rooster. The breed I am not sure of.. His coloring certainly doesn't make me think he is a Wyandotte. He looks a bit like my cockerel Scribble did at that age, but Scribble has a pea comb. But Scribble is an Easter Egger. Well, I don't think I know what he is, hopefully someone else can help you :)

I also think he is a rooster, but what about his markings is making you think he is male? I really wish he was female, because we cannot keep roosters where we live. He is super sweet.

His markings remind me of a Cream Legbar, but with a lot more cream.

Here is a picture of his sister. I am pretty sure she is female, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Updated pictures! 7 weeks old now.

His chest and legs are cream, and his head, back and tail are spotted/striped.

My slw from tractor supply. Obviously hatchery quality but still looks nice. Does anyone have any pictures of an adult hatchery quality slw so I can get an idea of that she looks like? All I can find online are show quality birds. And your roo looks like a barred rock cross.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom