Mystery Chick- please help!

Here are some pictures of our Buttercups for comparison.
New
View attachment 2072084
Getting wings
View attachment 2072085
Older
View attachment 2072086
Buttercups also are the only bird with a Buttercup comb. It looks like someone took a straight comb and looped it into a circle.
Now I want to go examine her comb to check! Unfortunately it will have to wait til tomorrow...I was just holding her today and didn't notice much of a comb at all, but I didn't move any fluff out of the way to check.

The pic I got off of google images probably wasn’t the best. But I would agree! I wish I had a picture of my chicks without the heat lamp, just so I could show you how truly similar they looked.
I did some research last night, and now I'm convinced she's a barnevelder! A female barnevelder, because apparently the v-shape on her head tends to suggests female in that breed. The lack of tail feathers also makes sense, as barnevelders don't develop then until later. I'm excited! Thank you so much for responding! I had asked this same question in two different fb groups, as well, and the responses there were way out of left field. All of you who responded here had great guesses, though!

Back
Top Bottom