Mystery Chick

She said possible blue d’anvers but I don’t think it looks similar to the chicks of those I’ve seen online. Here are more photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 6
Do you have a list of possible breeds? Sometimes a list will make it really obvious, because there will be only one possibility, or only a few.

I know Old English Game Bantams can come in black, and so can Japanese Bantams, but so can quite a few other kinds of bantams. And any breeding of "blue" chickens can produce some black offspring as well.
Posted more photos and she said possibly came from her blue d’anvers

Posted more photos and she said possibly came from her blue d’anvers
D'Anvers ought to have a rose comb (I think I'm seeing single comb, although it is true that rose comb chickens can sometimes produce single comb offspring.)

D'Anvers also ought to have muff/beard (I cannot tell about those on the chick. Sometimes they're visible on newly hatched chicks, sometimes not.)

It looks black instead of blue, but blues usually do produce some black offspring, so that part makes sense.

I guess I'm doubtful, because of the comb and because I am not seeing the muff/beard, but it might be.

It will probably become much more obvious as the chick grows up-- so many chicks look alike, but the adults often look quite a bit different.

It could still be a bantam. Sebrights are micro chickens, other bantams are mini chickens and large fowl breeds are full fat chickens - at least in my mind!

:thumbsup I was just going to say something similar, that Sebrights are smaller than some other bantams.

I guess we'll all keep watching until it grows up enough to know!

Back
Top Bottom