Mystery Chick

RiverOtter

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 4, 2009
NY
I got the Fry-Pan Special from Cackle and most of the breeds were pretty straight forward. Red chick=production reds, black with white spot=barred rocks, gold=Buff Orps and creamy whites I thought all must be male RSLs.

But this chick started out a white chick and now looks like this! He was also the first to sport a tail, and it's a pretty big tail compared to the others. Any ideas?
IMAG0197.jpg

Is he a fry-pan chick? Extra tossed in there? What breed could he be?

I took some, lol, hope they don't turn out as huge.
This one shows his color better
IMAG0202.jpg

And this one shows his proud stance. I can't figure out what heavy breed male he may be. I am hoping that he's an extra, Cackle has game and phoenix and besides some bantams, that's the only thing I think might be that color.
IMAG0200.jpg

He is definitely not any kind of bantam. He is just as big as any of the others and bigger then some of them. He's a puzzler, isn't he?

No, just a camera that doesn't pick up motion that well, he's clean legged. Cackle's got a pretty good rep, I don't think they'd send out cross breed chicks, even with the Fry pan Special
I guess I'll just have to keep guessing LOL

I'll post more picks in a couple of weeks when he's older. I'm sure it will be clear eventually, it would just be nice to know now. DD's already making a pet of him saying we can't eat such a pretty bird and we should get some girls like him.

Back
Top Bottom