Mystery Chicken! Any ideas?

Nvanhens

Hatching
May 28, 2020
Hi all,

Started my backyard flock about a month ago and its going great! We bought 5 random chickens and I have been unable to identify our grey one called "Speckles". she has a few feathers on her legs and a very small crown.. Any ideas what breed she is?
IMG_0564.jpeg
IMG_0566.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg

I'm not very good at chicken identification, but it might be an Olive egger cross. If you could send a picture, you might get a more accurate answer from someone else. Also what colour eggs does it lay?

Hello, I think it is a mixed breed, I have not seen any birds like that but it does look like it might have some cream legbar (blue eggs layer) in it and maybe some blue maran (chocolate egg layer). Just as an FYI from someone who has chickens for a little bit now, check the chickens legs for scaly leg mites and the bottom of their feet for bumblefoot, as well as looking through their feathers for any other mites, I don't know where you got these birds I have seen many birds bought from auction that have these issues (all are treatable). Also once your mystery hen starts laying you should be able to figure the breed out more easily, is it is the birds is said above she will lay green eggs!

Back
Top Bottom