Mystery chicks...

SharW75

Songster
Jul 26, 2019
Ohio
So...two nights ago, we made the mistake of going into TSC. The manager was selling chicks for 50 cents apiece, and we came out with 7 more. :oops:

They had a pullet bin with Penedesenca, full-size Cochins, and Leghorns, and a straight run bantam bin. I learned my lesson with straight run anything from the feed stores, but my daughter fell in love with this little one. Any ideas what breed? The legs are clean and yellow, and I think the comb is single.
IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Next is this chick. It was in the pullet bin, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it started out in the bantam bin. :p Single comb, and clean, black legs with yellow toes.
IMG_1644.JPG

And third is this Leghorn. She was definitely supposed to be in the pullet bin, as there were a bunch of the same ones in there. The sign said "Leghorn--Silver Pullet", but she doesn't look silver to me. She does look like a Leghorn of some kind, and buff seems to be the nearest I could find. Any ideas?
IMG_1651.JPG

Last edited:
We did a little research and think maybe the first chick is a black-tailed buff Japanese? :idunno

So here are updated pictures of the chick in the first picture in my original post. (S)he is about 10 weeks old now, and is definitely a bantam of some kind. Any ideas? Also, we're hoping for a pullet obviously--yea or nay?

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom