Mystery death

I do know this if they get rat poison they will drink tons of water and bleed inside . but unless it was in the coop that's impossible .
I don't really get rats so I'm thinking it could be something from natural causes but she was pretty heavy when I picked her up so maybe she ate something bad

Possible, yes.

Did you happen to check her breast bone? Was it prominent like she had lost a lot of weight? Did she have well developed breast muscle or was she thin?

Did you notice her comb and wattles being bright red or pale?

I ask this because one of the things that can cause death in a bird, even sudden death is for them to succumb to parasites.

Possible, yes.

Did you happen to check her breast bone? Was it prominent like she had lost a lot of weight? Did she have well developed breast muscle or was she thin?

Did you notice her comb and wattles being bright red or pale?

I ask this because one of the things that can cause death in a bird, even sudden death is for them to succumb to parasites.
I'll have to check again because I didn't have enough time this morning since I'm still in school

I'll have to check again because I didn't have enough time this morning since I'm still in school
So I didn't get to check because they had already removed the feathers to check it and the hen looked like it had lost a lot of meat but it felt heavy when I brought the t on when I found it but they also found some black raspberry-like bumps around her heart and liver and they thought it might be cancer but I ain't sure because she was doing fine yesterday unless you have any idea of what it might be

This morning I went out to go feed me chickens like I do every morning and I have two separate cages and I saw that the cage next to the chickens we had hatched our own, the water was already low so I had went into their coop to fill it but when I looked at the side of the coop I saw our only ayam cemani hen dead and I had concluded that she had just died recently because she was still limp and she was still warm. I'm not sure how she died though because the other day she was still eating, drinking, and laying and had no odd behaviors. We didn't know how old she was but she didn't show any signs or didn't appear to be old. My parents and I had thought maybe she was egg bound because I found her at the side of the coop where she usually lays her eggs and she also didn't have any abnormalities in her skin or feathers so, I am unsure of what caused her death. Any ideas?
This morning I went out to go feed me chickens like I do every morning and I have two separate cages and I saw that the cage next to the chickens we had hatched our own, the water was already low so I had went into their coop to fill it but when I looked at the side of the coop I saw our only ayam cemani hen dead and I had concluded that she had just died recently because she was still limp and she was still warm. I'm not sure how she died though because the other day she was still eating, drinking, and laying and had no odd behaviors. We didn't know how old she was but she didn't show any signs or didn't appear to be old. My parents and I had thought maybe she was egg bound because I found her at the side of the coop where she usually lays her eggs and she also didn't have any abnormalities in her skin or feathers so, I am unsure of what caused her death. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom