1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery Egg, Doesn't It Look Lonely in There?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Apr 6, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Humidity is up in the homemade bator, turner is out and the little Mystery Chick is laying on her side, awaiting the hatch, due Monday. DH put the baby monitor, which is connected out in the nursery coop with my 9 week old chicks, on top of the bator so they could talk to her and ask her to come out and play, LOL! Looks so lonely in there.
    [​IMG]

2. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Good Luck... and I can't wait to see pictures of the Lone Peeper when it comes out to say hi [​IMG]

3. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    It does look lonely, but kind of cute! I know 0 about incubators; what is that yellow thing?

4. speckledhen

That is a water weasel, a kid's toy. It's squishy and filled with water with a sort of hollow center where I put the probe of the thermometer. It simulates the temp inside an egg, which never changes as rapidly as the air temp in the bator. Makes it more accurate to know what temp you're really dealing with.

5. Dom'sHEns

Dom'sHEns Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    New Jersey
    Wow thats really interesting....Great idea! [​IMG]

6. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Peep, peep chickie..hurry up, we want to see you!!

7. Llysse

Llysse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I hope she hatches... to think: saved from a dumpster! You'll have to come up with a special name. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

I think the name will be Chance, partly because my DH took one and partly because we gave her one. Oh, please let it be a pullet![​IMG]

9. Varisha

Varisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2007
    Saved from a dumpster???!!!! Do tell the story to those of us who don't know [​IMG] Please.

10. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    C'mon baby! Tell us the moment the little bugger hatches!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by