1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mystery egg trick?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Fussy8, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Fussy8

Fussy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    On december 25 2011 my chickens hatched two eggs. A polish and a slw, polish mix! Well the older my rooster ( slw, polish) got he seemed to look more like my americana easter egger! Yet the egg he hatched out of was a cream color like my slw's! Is it possible that the egg color could have i dont kniw switched?!?!?!?! WHAT COULD HAVE MESSED WITH IT?!?!?!?!?! Heres some pictures! Please help me with my egg, chick, breed situation! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum![​IMG]my EE americana hen (their combs look alike as well!)[​IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/album/6103203/id/4928830/sort/display_order
    This is my boy at 3 weeks old! Sorry it took forever to finish this my computer is screwy!! Can you see their combs and coloring are the same yet this is supposidly the mother (below)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/image/view/album/6146427/id/4869567/sort/display_order
    Thanks for helping!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Fussy8

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
  3. Fussy8

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    Can someone help me? Im way confused

4. WillowTreeFarm

WillowTreeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Toledo
    You don't say where the eggs came from exactly... are they from your hens? What breed of rooster do you have if so? If you got them from somebody else, it could be any number of things. Just remember that the genetics of the chick inside could have little to do with the appearance of the egg. The egg(shell) is made by the hen according to her genetics. If the roo involved is an Ameracauna/Easter Egger, that would explain the appearance of the cockerel. I'm sorry, I don't know enough about the other breed you have to say anything about the resulting feather color/comb appearance. Good luck!

5. Fussy8

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    It was an egg from our hens and my rooster is a white crested polish sorry about that!

6. WillowTreeFarm

WillowTreeFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2011
    Toledo
    Hmmm... definitely a mystery then! I am not for sure about the comb type... his looks like my olive egger's comb... I think it's a single comb? But I could be wrong... if you google pics of combs, there are some good references on the internet. Maybe if you post his pic in the what breed or gender thread some breed experts can be of better help?

7. Fussy8

Aug 4, 2011
    Utah
    Thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by