Mystery Eggs From A Bantam Poultry Show

cindersga

Songster
11 Years
Jun 12, 2012
Covington, GA
Went to a poultry show in Georgia and got there late...as in most people were packing up their chickens and leaving late
barnie.gif

I ran over to the Silkie section because that is what I was really interested in. When I saw what was still there I went to the other side and everyone was cleared out and gone but there were these little eggs dotting the empty cages just left by their owners. I had my grandsons with me and thought heck I'll grab these eggs and give them to the boys to take home to their mom. I then began to think...I have a broody hen at home what if I could hatch these eggs? I put them under my broody and at 10 days candled them to find 3 infertile and 3 fertile and growing
ep.gif
So those three hatched and they are all different, lol, and I don't know what any of them are...Here are the pictures I took of them, they are 4 weeks old.

more pics below of this one.

maybe a white rock for the white what color is the black chicks feet and type of comb (looks like it might be sumatra) the other is a mix or a booted bantam of some kind if those feet are really grey?

maybe a white rock for the white what color is the black chicks feet and type of comb (looks like it might be sumatra) the other is a mix or a booted bantam of some kind if those feet are really grey?
The black chick has black feet, black beak, with a light gray stripe on it's chest, I'm not sure on the comb as I'm new to this, could be a "pea" comb? The other does have gray feathered feet and like a millefluer coloring?

That would be really cool if that black one was a sumatra because I hear they are hard to hatch and my broody did it!!! I love the little feather footed one. I don't know about the white one as I am used to silkie black skin and with it's white feathers and pink around the eyes it is kind of like an albino. Sometimes I like it sometimes it looks weird to me. We will see. Thanks for your help. Cindy

well sumatras have yellow on the bottoms of the feet. So look on the bottom of it feet to see what color

the other looks like a buff brahma except for the leg coloring. So I guess it some kinda of mix as I dont know of any breed that looks that way with grey legs

Last edited:
well sumatras have yellow on the bottoms of the feet. So look on the bottom of it feet to see what color

the other looks like a buff brahma except for the leg coloring. So I guess it some kinda of mix as I dont know of any breed that looks that way with grey legs

Here are close-ups of the comb and the feet of the one that kind of looks like a Brahma.

Back
Top Bottom